Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mug Rug Swap

I recently participated in a mug rug swap. What's a mug rug you ask? Well, it's a big coaster for your coffee mug - basically a mini quilt that you stitch up - be as creative as you want and it's all the rage lately. Just google Mug Rugs and see what you get or go to flickr and check out some there. I was assigned a swap partner through The Quilting Gallery Mug Rug Swap. Below are the two mug rugs I created for my swap partner. One has machine embroidery and applique, the other just a simple 4-patch design.




And these were the mug rugs I received in the swap from my swap partner, Judith in the UK. She has a great blog too! http://www.needlesandlemons.com/




2 comments:

Vicky said...

Fabulous mug rugs! I need to make one for myself. Might avoid coffee disasters near my computer! Are you having Mardi Gras fun? Catch some beads for me!!!

momtofatdogs said...

March?? It's been MARCH since you posted anything? I am missing your creativeness.........not even any machine embroidery???? (I bought an embroidery machine this year!!)

Sam