Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall Quilt

This is a quilt I started at retreat in August and then completed when I got back home. It's a quilt-as-you-go technique where you sandwich your pieced block/batting/backing - the backing is cut an inch larger all the way around the block size. This will be used later to bind each block basically after you sew all the sandwiches together as a quilt. You make your sandwiches and then free motion quilt each block.

After you've free motioned all your blocks, you take two blocks with backs (right sides together) and stitch them along the edge of the top block.
You'll keep stitching your quilted blocks together.
I used a glue stick to help me with folding over the edges to cover the block's raw edge and then you stitch it all down.


and bam - you have a completed, quilted quilt! All done!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rose Marie said...

I haven't made a quilt-as-you-go quilt in a very long time .... seeing your sweet quilt is making me rethink a few quilts.