Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's Carnival Time!

Happy Mardi Gras! It's that time of year again here in New Orleans and everything is so festive right now! For those that have never experienced the revelry of Mardi Gras, it's worth at least one trip in your lifetime to come see what it's all about! Despite what you might see on the 5'0-clock news, it's not jut what happens on Bourbon Street - there is so much more to Mardi Gras and the weeks preceding Fat Tuesday or the day before Ash Wednesday. I found this awesome illustration on the following website that depicts Mardi Gras in the early days, http://docsouth.unc.edu/southlit/twainlife/ill259.html

If you're interested in watching some of the parades that are rolling on by this entire weekend, be sure to check out the live cams that are setup around town by visiting NOLA.com or just click this link to see the live cams http://www.nola.com/paradecam/index.ssf?video -- it's almost like being here!

Happy Mardi Gras Y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to "do" Mardi Gras! I'm not sure how well I'd do with the crowds, but I would really, really like to experience that some day.

imquilternity said...

Rick, I just found your lovely blog and just wanted to say hi! I've been to New Orleans and loved the experience but have never done Mardi Gras.